REWIRE AND PARTIAL REWIRING
Hire our electrician to rewire your home or property today.
Why would you need to rewire your home or property?
- Safety worries and concerns
- Tired or obsolete components of existing installation: wiring, faceplates and outlets
- Insufficient number of socket outlets, lighting points and other services
- Sale of a property- to increase its value
- Just moved in and intend to renovate or refurbish the property
There are many aspects that will need to be considered if you do go ahead and have your home or property rewired including:
- Dirt and mess
- Noise: including drilling, hammering and sawing
- Loss of electrical services including the lighting for periods
- Dust and airborne particles
- Damage to the existing décor
Once you have decided to re-wire or modify your electrical installation you need to consider over a good design for the project.
It can be more expensive to add items after the rewire is nearly or fully completed, both from the electrical and renovation point of view.
Things to consider in designing of your new electrical system:
- Positions of socket outlets, lighting and switching points
- Sufficient numbers of socket outlets for the number of devices
- Sufficient lighting for the area
- The control of lighting through dimmer switches and automated lighting systems.
- Where TV’s are to be installed make sure there is a connection to an aerial, to satellite services and possibly a network connection or telephone point.
- Telephone points especially if your satellite provider requires for their box to be connected via a telephone line.
- Whether you want to control all of your lighting from a central point or to have programmed lighting.
- Any fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors.
- Burglar alarm of intruder detection systems.
- Any electric heating if you cannot get gas central heating installed, but also including under floor heating (a nice touch when getting out of the bath or shower or any other area where you are likely to walk around bare foot.
- The control wiring for a gas central heating system, including; thermostats & time clocks.
- Hot water and electric showers
- Cooking facilities
Now, that you have a better idea whether you want and are ready to move forward and consider having your home or property rewired, give us a call. We can give you further advice tailored to your needs and requirements.
Do you need help with electrical maintenance? Fill out this form to get in touch.